2005-01-09

Dawn of War

I completed Dawn of War last night. Maybe Warcraft III gave me too high an expectation but I suppose I was hoping to have a go with all the races in the campaign mode rather than just the Space Marines. I mean there is still skirmish and multiplayer and I really look forward to them, but they tend to have very different play style from campaign missions. Campaign missions will generally progressively unlock the tech tree and have small isolated groups of enemies who rarely upgrade their base whereas skirmish will generally have quickly developing enemies with all the tree available straight away, hence the learning curve is a lot steeper.

It was, after saying that, very enjoyable. I love the animation sequences and attention to unit detail in the game. I'm still not sure about the mid combat reinforcement of units, but it is a new way of doing units and I understand why the choice was made.

No comments: